Monday, April 6, 2020

Today I Saved the World

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream.                           Anatole France

Day #24 of Covid 19 isolation.

a lovely art piece that resembles books
I am doing many, many things in my home that are quite unusual. Today I actually dusted and thoroughly cleaned the bookcase on the the stairway landing. In the past, each day I'd stop for a moment on that landing, looking at the dust filled books and sigh, so much dust, sigh, do nothing, then continue down the stairs. Not today. I have a favorite trick to get myself to do an odious task, I tell myself, "I'll do just this one shelf and in only ten days I'll have the entire bookcase cleaned!"
the start of the process, books etc. on the stairs 

This doesn't account for that ADD 911 part of my personality that won't allow me to stop with a reasonable amount of work or cleaning. Also there is the creative part of me that believes, "this would look so much better if I rearranged these books and added some of the pictures, artfully placed between them." And off I go. What I thought would be a quick twenty minute project turned into an hour and a half romp. By noon I had done almost every shelf  [eight, the last two are too high for me to safely reach and Mr. G will have to tackle them]. I was a human dust ball myself and marched out on my deck to de-robe and catch my breath.  In the process of my cleaning binge, I did discover one thing that was literally earth shaking.
Voila, dust free!

I have an enormous fondness for the Earth, our mother. So much so that I have a small but robust collection of globes.  I have the regular size one, four that are bookends and one that I gave away that was a pencil sharpener. When I was diligently attending to cleaning off each book, picture frame and object d'art I discover to my dismay that two of the bookend globes were upside down! Horrors!

I immediately, after I had those little Earths shiny clean again, I turned them right side up. Now the world can breathe a sigh of relief. The world is no longer Topsy Turvy but has been righted, by me. While I may not have the TV ratings, or the ego to go with it, I did turn the world right side up. You can expect great things to start happening soon. Anytime now, very soon.

 Remember who to thank.

susansmagicfeather copyright 2020 Susan R. Grout all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment