Friday, December 31, 2021

Pictorial of the Year 2021

 

New years day 2021
As usual I'm posting pictures of the year and hope you enjoy them in lieu of sending cards instead I'm sending well wishes for 2022 and a great deal of love.

Christmas 2021 with grands


The Grouts live near 

Here's the photos that stand out for 2021. As you can see, not a lot has happened.  New Year's Day I'll be home on the couch with a cup of tea. This won't change as I'm unsure we can make it out of our driveway. See below.

Overall the year was like another year of plague and for that very reason I re read A Year of Wonder by Geraldine Brooks written about the plague of the 17th century. This was an excellent reminder of how very fortunate we are to have the vaccines [and boosters] to protect us from the worst of the ravages of COVID. 

We had a small window of opportunity to see the entire Grout clan in early August and I am beyond grateful for that. 
Outside yesterday
summer at a pond




the best of being together is eating and talking



 Volunteering at the library, I especially enjoyed playing guitar for the preschoolers. My speed. 
Fairgrounds guitar and reading for preschoolers


Dick and I continue to be active in political campaigns
Lots of hiking in 2021--- on island
                                                        
Bliss of being at an outdoor restaurant 

                                                
                   
       
A wonderful committee that successfully got a levy passed

               
the thrill of getting a jab for our health


This last picture was taken prior to our weekly guitar zoom which revved my guitar playing and song writing. 
STAY HEALTHY!

susansmagicfeather 2021 Susan R. Grout 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures of the Grouts. Thanks for blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you guys! Looks like a good one last year.

    ReplyDelete