Wednesday, June 17, 2020

On Being Expendable




                               Jared needs a facial, his eyebrows flying higher
                               Ivanka needs a company for the highbrows to aspire

Donald's rage is festering at reporters who are pestering
with facts he claims are bendable
and adds, we're all expendable!

He's fired all the staff
who spoke to science and to truth
brags on the pandemic
though the efforts are a spoof
Science is by the way side
apparently so am I,
since I'm over 60
                                I must be prepared to die,
                                to them: I'm expendable.

My life's work is helping people,
giving all my healing thoughts,
being useful, kind and generous
are the values that I've sought.
I'm rough and ready,
I roll heavy logs up hill                             
I work hard for the Democrats
expect I always will.
Yet, I'm the one who's expendable.

I used to find this obnoxiousness, 
amusing and somewhat funny.
GOP's goofiness in their grasp for power and money,          
but now they're indefensible
they've have flunked every human test
with this virus looming over us
they'll strive to put me to rest.

Me, I'm having none of it,
let the nuts be mask less and mugging.                          
Bring that disease home to their families
who will soon regret the hugging.
Guess their families are expendable.


susansmagicfeather 2020 copyright Susan R. Grout all rights reserved






No comments:

Post a Comment