Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Our Dear Mom and Dad's Anniversary

On this day 70 years ago Bob and Jane were married
Dear all,
This is going to be a quick post because I  want to get this out to all of you. The hurry is that I want you all to remember Bob and Jane and honor them with blessed and loving thoughts. This would have been their 70th wedding anniversary.

I have this picture on my fridge showing off one of Dad's exquisite talents---making our mother laugh. He looks like he's attempting to sit in her hap and also that he is about to kiss her. I love that and to see them laughing together was always a fond memory for me. 

These weren't perfect people and it wasn't a perfect marriage but it was a loving one that filled our house with laughter and song. Had they lived, and he not died at the untimely age of only 67, they would be nearly 94 [Dad] and almost 93 [Mom]. I cherish the marriage they had, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in snowstorm or a sunny beach day I can only say, ain't we got fun. 

I miss them both and feel so grateful that we had them as parents and they were such good grandparents to all of you, serving as a role model for all of us. 

Please add any comments or funny stories to this post if you'd like.

much love to all , S

susansmagicfeather copyright 2013 Susan R. Grout all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment