Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happiest of Blogs Anniversaries to Me


She/he who kisses the joy as it flies, lives in eternity's sunrise.                 William Blake
Yes folks, unbelievably it's been one year exactly since I started this blog. To all of you who have read my humble writings, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My goal is to reach as many of you as possible with therapy tips and lessons I have learned from the almost forty years of being in the field of psychology [for free!]. 

My career started at nineteen working with the developmentaly disabled, then a hospital with children, next the Community Alcohol Center and now I've had twenty five years in private practice. It is my priviledge to be working with the most marvelous people and I am truly blessed.

I would like to ask any of you if you would be willing to indulge me: Could you select one or two of your favorite blogs? Someone asked me to enter a blog contest and I thought, "not without some feedback as to what's the favorite of the blogs." I would appreciate it deeply.

Another of my goals was to give my family a chance to see/read "exactly what is it that you do-do?" [a favorite quote of mine, said by Madeline Kahn to Terri Garr in "Young Frankenstein".]  I have attempted for the last year to put down some of the techniques and the thinking behind why I use those techniques in counseling. Frankly there is an alchemical reaction that happens between me and the client, [or clients] that creates an 'other'. Probably it's just simple old love, but definitely something happens that is more than just me and whoever shows up. That is as close as I get to the whoo-whoo element in therapy.

Big changes are coming in my counseling practice, namely with the event of my husband's retirement, I am moving my practice home [April 1]. We have a small guest house and I will see clients there. Same delicious ingredience, just in a different oven.

So continue to tell the truth and run, be aware and amused, kind in all your dealings, diligent and loving. Kiss, kiss, kiss, hug, hug, hug. The world needs your positive energy.

susansmagicfeather copyright 2012 Susan R. Grout all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment